Tuesday 13 December 2011

A look back at 2011.

Hey guys and gals.

That festive season is upon us once again and is the perfect opportunity for me to pimp myself on you all and suggest that you buy your loved ones one of my wonderful paintings, awesome sketches or bloody good books. All of which are available through this here website.

2011 has been a year of ups and downs for me. I received my first major UK publishing gig through those fine people at 2000AD. Something that I am very proud of and an achievement I’m banking on besting in 2012.

The low of the year for me has been (something I’ve not really acknowledged publicly before) has been my battle with stress and depression. This is something that is unfortunately common in artists, especially during times of financial woe. An artists motivation to work can be an uphill battle at times and climbing that hill on medication can often make it feel like its an icy one. Mood swings and anger management issues have also hampered my progression, but with my frequent doctors meetings I hope to be off of the pills and ready to push that pencil even harder in the New Year.

I’m not mentioning this now to gain your sympathy and trick you into buying my art or sending me money (although my paypal is webs2099@yahoo.com ) but as an acknowledgement of my support to fellow creators who may be in the same boat.

There are some very talented people out there who are dealing with some very upsetting issues, issues that can seem magnified by the extra stress and panic of trying to get everything sorted for Christmas.

I really want to say, stay strong guys. I know it’s been a tough year, but with the help and support of those around us, we can and we will make it.

Thank you for putting up with me this year Eva, I love you. Here’s to the next three years of marriage, and the 50 beyond that.

G.

No comments: