Monday 21 November 2011

Though Bubble thoughts.

Hey guys.

Thought Bubble was an awesome event. As always its great to reunite with Tim, GM and the rest of The Comic Book Alliance to spread the word about how great comics are and to let the uninformed know about the charity anthology “The Spirit of Hope”.

Eva and I had a great time checking out all of the new products on the market – and there are some bloody brilliant books out there. Case in point I picked up the first of the Elephantmen trades “Wounded Animals.” Signed by the gentleman Richard Starkings himself. I can’t wait to sit down properly and read through what could quite literally be the heaviest read ever.

As always, Kieron Gillen was a true gent and ended up sparking the thought that he would make a great Doctor Who. Interesting thought.

Speaking of Doctor Who, it’s always good to see (former) Doctor Who writer Tony Lee (and of course his right hand man) Dan Boultwood. If you have never heard of Dan Boultwood the man is probably my favourite artist not currently signed to one the big two. Google him, if you like my art, you will love his.

On the subject of art I managed to do a few sketches during the weekend – which those of you following my tweets (www.twitter.com/thegrantperkins ) will know about. For those of you who aren’t, here’s the kind of thing I got up to - as modeled by my lovely wife Eva ( www.twitter.com/terwitterbug )


So for everyone who showed up to see me at Thought Bubble, a big big thank you.

Here’s looking forward to next year.

G.

No comments: