Tuesday 6 October 2009

BICS 2009.

Hey guys.

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone who stopped by our table at BICS and said hey. It was great to meet all the new people who came to pick up the new Dwayne Hickenbottom book and brilliant as always to meet up with old friends.

Digital Webbing UK was well represented with Jimmy Bott, Dismas and the quick handed (great) Galmando; who became quite the star through his card trick routine – much to the bemusement of David Moneith, who may be finding playing cards in his pocket for the next three months.

My paintings drew quite a bit of attention from exhibitors and fans alike. My Joker piece especially. It seemed that everyone with a camera took a shot of the canvas. Some clown even made out it was his.




The Sunday came with it’s own excitement as I received an earful from a mother who’d brought her disabled son along to the convention to meet the elusive Tony Lee. It took me the best part of an hour to find the waistcoat wearing wonder, who was as modest as ever about anyone wanting to see him. Still, it was worth it to see the boys face when he finally met his hero.

In closing, it was great to meet Gary Erskine and his partner Mhairi. They were lucky enough to sit next to me as I stumbled through my first time as an exhibitor. The man was a machine, working virtually non-stop the entire time he was there. Hands down he was the busiest man in the room. Always working, always talking. He is a great talent and was handing out some great advice, of which I did my best to soak up.

Thanks Gary.

G.

.

No comments: