Tuesday 23 November 2010

Looking for a Literary Agent for Dwayne Hickenbottom.

Hey guys and gals.

I’m feeling frustrated and confused today. The increasing debt and long hours sweeping the floor at work has pushed me once again to take my self published novels Dwayne Hickenbottom and the War Boots of Doxxville and Dwayne Hickenbottom and the Journey to the Centre of the Birth and attempt to get them on the shelves where I believe they belong.

I first published Dwayne Hickenbottom and the War Boots of Doxxville back in 2006 and it sold well over a hundred copies that year. Okay, so it’s not a patch on J.K. Rowlings, but for a first time writer from Margate, Kent, that nobody has heard of it was bloody brilliant. Even now, the books (and it’s 2009 sequel) are selling, just not as well as they could were they given more exposure.

The exposure I need will come from getting the books on the shelves in places such as Waterstones and WHSmith, only in order to do this I need to find myself a Literary Agent – Something that I’m unsure of how to achieve. I have physical books that are proven to be able to sell (and not just to people I know - Dwayne Hickenbottom has shipped internationally since his 2006 debut) I just need someone to swoop down and take them off of my hands and turn them into money.

Dwayne Hickenbottom has proved popular with all who have read the books. There have been some very flattering reviews put up in various corners of the internet which have spurred me to start plotting the third novel, but until the first two find their way into the mainstream and start helping with those bills I’m not sure where I’ll find the time to let my fingers dance across the keyboard like they’re itching to.

So if you are a Literary Agent looking for a new talent or know of one, please please get in touch. You never know, we could make each other rich – or at least make enough to patch the hole where the rain comes in above my desk.

Download a free sample of Dwayne Hickenbottom and the War Boots of Doxxville here.

Download a free sample of Dwayne Hickenbottom and the Journey to the Centre of the Birth here.

G.

No comments: