Thursday 26 November 2009

Boris Karloff.

As you can see, recently I've been painting lots. It's something I enjoy for many reasons; It's relaxing, it's fulfilling and it give me something to do between comic book gigs and promoting my books (which are available here). Now I know I may not be the best at either craft, but it's something that I love to do.

That's not to say that I wouldn't do it for money.

It's been a while since I've had a comic book gig (I think Pike Armstrong was the last - which you can check out in the sequential section) but now the painting gigs have started to come in. This afternoon I'll be working on two young girls, and not in that nasty way.

I'm really enjoying getting back to oils and just playing about. I was taught to paint in a more conventional style back at school but am having more fun with an impasto knife than I ever did with a brush. Although I did do my first impasto style piece with a brush.




Eek, look at the time. I've got to get Vinnie ready.

G.

No comments: