Tuesday 12 April 2011

Kapow Comic Con.


Kapow Comic Con was an absolute blast. Not only did I get to meet up with some old friends (and make some awesome new ones) I found myself in a strange light of respect as I was fortunate enough to offer out sage like advice to the next generation of creators as they let me thumb through their works. There's some great talents coming up in the next few years.

It was weird doing interviews for TV and radio, even weirder signing autographs, but nothing that I couldn't get used to. The important thing is that the convention was a success. Those out to make money, did. Those out to meet their favourite creator, did. Those out to enjoy the day, did. You can count me in for next year.

A big thank you must go out to the Comic Book Alliance though for helping so many of the smaller guys, myself included, make it to Kapow. Thanks guys.

In other news, I'm working on a fun little comic series based around the adventures of a young Thor. Not the Marvel guy, the "real" Thor. I'm writing and penciling right now, but will soon be needing an inker and possibly a colourist and letterer. I can't offer any pay, nor even promise that this project will ever see print, but if there's anyone interested in working on this, drop me a line.


Thanks again to everyone who was so kind at Kapow and a big shout out to all the fans who spent such a long time on such amazing costumes.

See you at MCMExpo.

G.

No comments: