Saturday 5 December 2009

Cowabunga.

I stubbed my toe yesterday and it bloody hurt. It wouldn't have been so bad had I not asked my wife (while she was cutting my toenails the night before) why we still had toenails. "To protect your toes so you don't stub them." She said. I hate when she is right - which is always.

So there's this new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle site recently gone up. The guys running the site have a vision to make a TMNT movie the way they feel one should be made. Okay, so right now nothing is official, but they've signed up artist Ray Dillion to put the man hours in and help them produce a TMNT graphic novel.

Now while there is a train of thought that suggests they're going to run into more than a few legal issues down the line, I'm all for this project. The turtles were a staple of my childhood and millions others too and fan based projects are nothing new. So I say why not. Turtles are awesome, Ray Dillion is awesome. Let's see what you got.

Whether or not these guys can pull it off is an argument that could go on all night, but if they do it, I'll be the first in line to get a copy.

You can check the guys out here or through my snazzy links page here.

Or if you want your TMNT fix without anymore clicking. Here's an image that I drew and Jamie Roberts coloured for an up and coming issue of Cereal Geek that Jame Eatock was kind enough to let the aforementioned TMNT site use on their fan art page.



Cowabunga guys.

G.

No comments: